Thursday 8 September 2016

First Post

1) Why did you choose AS Media Studies?
I really enjoyed it at GCSE and my confidence in my ability to do well increased hugely after winning an award at the Media Awards last year for my music video.

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?
Yes, in year 10.

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework tasks did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?
I got an A overall, with an A* for my coursework. My biggest strength was definitely my coursework, particularly editing on Premiere. My biggest weaknesses were probably editing on Photoshop and managing my time in the exam.

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?
I'd like to be ambitious say an A but knowing how much harder it's going to be, I'm going to aim for at least a B.

5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?
I would definitely like to go to University, although I don't know what I'd want to study there. I would, however like to take a gap year beforehand to help me finalise my decision, and I would spend my time working and auditioning for drama schools because I have a passion for musical theatre and this summer I spent a week at West End Stage, a stage school in London, at the end of which I performed at Her Majesty's Theatre in London and so there's also the option to go into musical theatre as a career too.

6) What do you think the biggest media story of 2016 has been and why?
I think the sudden huge number of celebrities dying this year has been the biggest story so far because the numbers compared to previous years are so much higher and it's a big shock to everyone.

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?
Usually Facebook or TV News in the evenings.

8) What was the last film you watched?
I honestly don't remember but my favourite film is either Moulin Rouge or Little Miss Sunshine and my favourite director is Tim Burton.

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?
Sherlock, The Mighty Boosh and Game of Thrones.

10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why?
Usually between 6 and 8 which I think is way too much because it tends to distract me from more important things e.g. studying.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I didn't realise that you were into theatre as well! Sounds like you have a lot of choice.
    If you want to do well at A level (and I am sure you will), please engage with the media as often as possible so borrow some Media magazines from the media department, join Twitter and follow people associated with the media, read The Guardian media pages, BBC news and follow developments in social media. This will help you to readily engage with the media and improve your use of media specific terminology.

    ReplyDelete